11.28.2010

Good people

Jeff and I headed to Reno for Thanksgiving on Tuesday.  We like to take the bus to the airport so we don't have to pay to park there.  So Tuesday morning Jeff dropped me off at the bus stop with all of our luggage, drove home, then ran back on two inches of ice to catch the bus.  Despite the weather and road conditions the bus was only 1 or 2 minutes late.  But that's not really what this blog entry is about.

It was freezing outside while I waited for the bus stop - I think it was about 17 degrees!  So I was standing there shivering with two large suitcases and two backpacks waiting for Jeff and the bus when a car pulled up.  A women leaned out the window and asked if I wanted a ride to the airport.  They were on their way to the airport to pick up her parents for the holiday and saw me waiting at the bus stop with so much luggage and thought I might need a ride.  It was such a kind offer.  It was a great reminder to me of just how many good things and people there are in the world today despite the many not-so-good things in the world.  I thought it was a great expression of Thanksgiving on their part - they had a nice warm car to transport them and to show gratitude for that blessing, they were willing to share it with me.  It was a very good reminder to me that sometimes the most simple expressions of kindness are the most important.    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment