6.04.2012

Mothers' Day!

I had a marvelous Mother's Day.  My first one as a mom to Sophia.  In the past, my mom always gave me a gift each Mothers' Day and told me that I was still a mother even if I didn't have any of my own children so this was just my first Mothers' Day with my own kid.  I really appreciate her for that since every woman has the ability to act as a role model or caregiver to people in some capacity or another and it prevented me from feeling pressured to have children or feeling like the lesser daughter for not having produced a grandkid yet.

Jeff made the day very special with nice meals, a massage, games, and a clean house eventually.  I realize that last part reads weird, but when I say "a clean house eventually" it's because this is what our house looked like all day until about 6 pm.





My house has NEVER EVER EVER looked like this before!!! Not when I was in college, not when I lived with Breann in Magnolia and we both worked 70 hours a week, not when I was working insane hours and Jeff was out of town...NEVER!  The only logical explanation for why this would occur now is...you guessed it...Motherhood!  There just isn't enough time in the day, is there?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment