6.10.2012

The end of civilization as we know it...

The second stop on our peninsula trip was Cape Flattery.  Cape Flattery is the most Northwestern point of the contiguous United States.  I really wanted to go there because the pictures I'd seen online were amazing.  It ended up being a very long, winding drive out to the trail head so I doubt we'll go back again, but we did feel like it was worth the drive at least once in our life.  The views were amazing!  One thing I don't like about typical ocean views is the vast emptiness I feel when I look out across the water and see nothing - just waves.  I find it lonely and kind of boring.  This is one of the reasons I love Seattle so much; the water views are so interesting - islands, city scapes, bridges, whales, sea otters, ferries.  So I was thrilled that there was an island with a lighthouse, caves, and a view of Canada as well.  It was very beautiful and the trail was really easy so we could just carry Sophia.

The whole fan-dam-ly

Jeffy and Sophie

Add caption


I was just sure huge spiders were going to jump on me as soon as I got in the tree!


 

1 comment: