6.04.2012

Dress Barn

I've always felt very strongly that you should never patronize a store whose name is, well, stupid.  How can any self-respecting person actually eat at a place called Fat Burger or Chuck-a-Rama.  Why would they feel the need to advertise via the name of their establishment what will happen to you if you eat there?! Similarly, why would a clothing store call themselves Dress Barn?  Why not just call me a cow straight to my face?  Despite my strong aversion to establishments with stupid names, I was at Westwood Village recently and happened to look in the windows and noticed a few somewhat attractive looking dresses.  So I ventured in just to see what the price range was...$150 later I left with 7 of the same blouse in different colors!  It looks like this:


 Don't worry, I know dumb I look in this picture.  Now, I'm not suggesting that this is the most attractive blouse ever, I realize it's not.  But I have been looking for years for a basic, decent looking, affordable, silky shell, with sleeves to cover my religious garments, which I'd be able to wear under a suit for years and would never have guessed to look at Dress Barn.  This shirt is only $30 and I got 30% off for shopping during friends and family week so I only paid $20.  Anyway, I guess you can't judge a book by it's cover...or title!

2 comments:

  1. I am with you....I have never ventured in there based solely upon the horrible name. Maybe I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And after years of avoiding JC Penney because of too many times of hearing Brian tell us the story of its founder (tee-hee), I am now shopping there again, finding things I like and enjoying the pricing. Time to quit being a shopping snob.

    ReplyDelete