12.26.2010

Merry Christmas!!!

I just love Christmas!  I've never been away from my parents at Christmas in my life, but this year Jeff and I really wanted to have Christmas at our own home.  So, despite the low chances for a White Christmas, we made plans to stay in Seattle and Jeff's parents came to join us.  We planned a bunch of fun things.
  
In the heart of Leavenworth

Pie Night!





The shopping seemed to last for ever this year, but we finally finished up on Wednesday.  We ended the day on Wednesday with a Pie Party!  We brought a pumpkin pie.  There were about 10 pies there - our favorites were the Raspberry Cream pie, Apple Cranberry pie, and Marionberry/Blackberry pie.  







Leavenworth
Thursday we headed to Leavenworth, and adorable Bavarian village about 2 hours east of Seattle.  I just love that place!  We shopped and ate and enjoyed the snow and lights.  


At the Gingerbread displays

Christmas Eve we went to one of my favorite Seattle Christmas displays - the Gingerbread House Competition (see next blog post).  We delivered treats to friends and then dug into an amazing (if I do say so myself) Mexican feast!  We ended the night with some Luke 2 and Christmas stories (and some last minute wrapping).  

Christmas morning we got spoiled rotten - partly by other people but mostly by ourselves!  I guess next year we should stick to our budget!  Oh well!   




Merry Christmas to all and to all a Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment