12.19.2010

The Best Christmas Program Ever!

We have a wonderful choir director at church, Eileen, who always does such a great job with our musical numbers.  She had a very cute baby boy in November which left us choir director-less right before Christmas.  So, out of the kindness of my heart and thinking "how hard could it be to put together 5 musical numbers in 5 weeks", I stupidly volunteered with another friend to organize the christmas program and direct the choir!

It was way more work than I anticipated!  Some of the difficulties were getting people to actually show up for choir practice, coordinating schedules for music practice, and not having a pianist until after Thanksgiving. Yikes!  It didn't help that I've been really busy at work this month and had to plan the work Christmas party. But enough complaining...

Today the program went off without a hitch and the choir performed beautifully!  I think the whole congregation really enjoyed it.  I'm just glad I can sit back and enjoy the Christmas season now!  Looking back, I'm not sure why I let it get me so stressed out anyway...I guess I need to lighten up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment