4.16.2012

Happy Easter!

This was a very fun Easter for us this year because we were able to bless Sophia!  We were especially grateful to have such beautiful spring weather that day as well.  Baby Sophia looked radiant in her blessing dress (which I ordered from NancyAugust.com and can't say enough good things about their baby dress selection).  Unfortunately the matching shoes were too big, but I'm sure no one noticed her feet anyway. In the blessing circle were Sophia's two grandpas, her Uncle Allen, and of course, her dad.  Jeff was able to spend some quality alone time with her before the blessing which I think was really nice for both of them and made the blessing more special.

Luckily for us, Jeff's sister-in-law, Sarah, is AMAZING at transcribing blessings and we have a record of the blessing almost word for word!  Thanks again Sarah!  After Jeff gave the blessing he leaned over to me and asked if I thought the bishop would request that I share my testimony.  I wasn't sure whether he would or not since it was Easter Sunday and the program was pretty packed.  He didn't...but I did ponder what I might say just in case.

It was really nice to sit peacefully and contemplate the last 2 months and what was said in Sophia's blessing.  I think one of the most surprising results of becoming a mother is the increase in love for my parents.  I already love my parents so much...I didn't know my love for them could increase, but taking care of Sophia, being so tired, changing so many diapers, etc. has made me realize just how much my parents sacrificed and how hard they worked to raise our family.  I am so grateful to have such wonderful, loving, righteous parents.

The other main realization I had was how much the Lord has led my life over the past 2 years.  The past 2 years have definitely been the hardest years of my not-so-long-or-difficult life.  To me, the last 2 years have drained me of life, energy and many times happiness.  If you're surprised by this statement, I'm a pretty good actress.  I have felt for a long time that the Lord had abandoned me and just didn't care that much about my life.  As I looked back at the events that led me to Sophia's baby blessing I realized that all of the things I wanted so badly would have either prevented me from having Sophia, delayed her birth, or reduced my maternity leave substantially such that I would hardly have any time with her at all.  I was really grateful to be able to see how the path I've taken has brought me to a state of such happiness; all the other paths I had been praying for never could have led me to this point.  I guess I don't always know what's best for myself!

I swear she stops crying and falls asleep whenever my mom touches her!

My wonderful parents

My wonderful family

The menfolk

Me and my baby - wish we'd closed the closet door  behind us!


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for posting pictures! I love the picture of you and Sophia! Hope everything is going wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So in pictures 1 and 3 we actually have similar expressions. Glimpses that you are your mother's daughter. Love you!

    ReplyDelete