1.08.2012

December in general

December was an interesting month.  I wanted so badly to feel in the Christmas spirit, but for one reason or another I never really got there.  I didn't make Christmas treats, I did all my shopping in one day, we were really focused on preparing for the baby, I was sick every day, and we spent the actual holiday in 70 degree weather.  I'm not complaining, it was a really good month overall, it just didn't ever feel like Christmas. 

We did do lots of fun things though, like paint the baby's room!  My mom came and helped us - and it's a good thing or we never would have finished!  We started a birthing class which has been very helpful so far. I spent hours and hours researching cribs and diapers (not as much fun).  We attended several very fun Christmas parties. We spent Christmas in California with Jeff's family.  And we ended the month with a visit from my brother, Brett, and his wife, Sariah.  So it was a full and fun month overall!

We got lots of good gifts for Christmas including a lot of stuff for the baby.  All of Jeff's family was together that weekend for his sort-of-sister's sealing to her husband and baby.  That was a very nice event and the sealer had a lot of wonderful things to say that applied to everyone in attendance.  Unfortunately I was rather sick that night and missed the reception they had.  We played a lot of games on Christmas which was fun and attended church (at 11am instead of 9am like our church in Seattle was doing!).  We also discovered our new favorite Wii game, Just Dance.  So overall a great Christmas!

Jeff perched precariously in the stairwell while painting


My favorite gingerbread structure this year


Jeff's Favorite Gingerbread structure this year

Now that's what I call Christmas spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment