10.30.2012

The Little Mermaid

Jeff and I can often hear faint noises from our neighbors or the street outside when we're quiet in our house.  However, about 3 or 4 months ago we started hearing a strange thumping on a regular basis.  It took us several days to realize it was Sophia pounding her legs in her crib.  When she first wakes up she get really excited and thumps both legs simultaneously.  That is why she is a mermaid this year for Halloween!

I found a crochet pattern on Etsy for a mermaid tail and figured since I'd crocheted hats and scarves in the past, I could probably do a mermaid tail.  Well, it was much more difficult than I anticipated, but it turned out insanely cute if I do say so myself!



Of course, it's much cuter with Sophia in it!




1 comment:

  1. What a clever costume. For not being crafty, you certainly are making up for lost time. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete