10.30.2012

Happy Birthday and Anniversary Month!

It seems most of the birthdays and anniversaries in my family are in July and October so we do a lot of celebrating in those months.  This October Jeff and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary!  My mom celebrated her XXth birthday.  My bro-in-law celebrated his 32nd birthday, I think.  And my sister celebrated her 30th birthday.

Since it was my sister's big 3-0 bday, I wanted to do something really different to celebrate.  She lives in Indiana so it had to be something mail-able.  I decided to send 30 of my favorite memories of the two of us to her, but I sent each memory in a separate envelope so that she got 30 pieces of mail that day.  It was so fun to think back across the years and see the growth of our friendship.  I numbered each envelope on the back with huge numbers and in envelope #30 I put the following picture: 


 A few years ago I found the most random and hilarious birthday card for my dad's birthday.  On the front was a picture like that above, only it was a dad and two little girls holding the signs.  The inside of the card said, "Happy Birthday - please disregard Stephanie".  

I'm not sure why, but I thought it was so funny!  When I called my dad on his birthday he said that my sister, Cielle, had given him the exact same card.  This, of course, only made the card funnier to me and it has since become my go-to homemade bday card.  I made it previously with two of my roommates, but I don't have a digital copy of that one. 

Happy Birthday to all the October-ites! 


No comments:

Post a Comment