8.25.2012

A Golden Oldie

This year I celebrated my golden birthday!  For those of you who don't know what a golden birthday is, I turned 28 on the 28th of July.  I always make a big stink about my birthday (and half birthday for that matter) and this year was no different.  In fact, I started hinting to Jeff about potential gold presents he could buy me back in March!  Jeff sweetly obliges me and my birthday nonsense every year, but this year he went above and beyond.  We were out of town on my birthday, so we celebrated the weekend before.  He made me a charming breakfast of Dutch Babies (because they are a yellowy-gold color) and he decorated the kitchen with a gold paper chain, gold table cloth and gold napkins.  He made me a birthday cake with the only frosting that should be allowed on a cake - Rainbow Chip!  To make it gold, he sprayed the cake with a gold food spray.  My gifts came in a gold bag.  The loot consisted of Werthers candies, gold coins, a gold spray bottle (another story), gold earrings, and best of all a golden ticket.  The golden ticket bought me a trip to my mom's family reunion in Kalispell, MT which I thought I had to miss.



It was a fabulous birthday party!  Sophia even slept in for the first time ever so we could eat in peace!

We were in Reno on my real birthday for a very special occasion.  My sister, Brynna, had her adopted daughter sealed to their family in the Reno, NV LDS temple and my whole family was there to celebrate.  Read more about sealings here: http://www.lds.org/topics/temples?lang=eng.

A happy birthday indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment