7.17.2012

Wilson Family Reunion

Typically my family has a family reunion every Fourth of July.  This year was a little awkward since the holiday fell on a Wednesday.  So the weekend following the 4th we attended my father's family's family reunion.  My grandma's not as mobile as she once was, so we held the reunion in the tri-cities where she lives.

Both of my parents grew up (well, my mom graduated high school there anyway) in Pasco, WA.  While I was growing up all of my grandparents lived there so Pasco was our perpetual vacation destination!  It's been years since I've been back and Jeff had never been before.  It was so nice to go back and reminisce.  I have so many fond memories of Pasco, even if it is mostly farmland!  It was nice to share those memories with Jeff as well.  As we drove around Pasco, my dad described his memories and shared his thoughts on the area.  It's so neat to have experiences with your parents as an adult that allow you to see them in a new light and gain a better understanding of them.  I could picture my dad as a youth working on the farm in Pasco and now understand why he has such an amazing work ethic!

Thank goodness Families Are Forever!





No comments:

Post a Comment