5.13.2012

Flour mishap

I love making bread!  Not just because it's yummy, but also cause it's delicious!  And it tastes good and I like it!  A lot!  Homemade bread is definitely my one true comfort food; the one food I'll never give up no matter how much people say carbs make you fat or yeast bread isn't good for you.  I just simply ignore those claims and keep on baking.  My favorite way to enjoy homemade bread is fresh out of the oven.  My second favorite way is toast spread with coconut oil and honey.  My third favorite way is scones...or at least that's what my family calls it.  It's really just fried bread dough served like a pancake.  So yeah, I love homemade bread.  

I mill my own flour when making bread because I like to make life more difficult.  Oh wait...that's not why.  It's because whole wheat flour is expensive and it's much cheaper and tastier to mill your own.  I've gotten in the habit of milling LOTS of flour all at once and just storing it in large tupperware so I only have to get the mill out once every 3 months or so.  Whilst milling a couple weeks ago, I loaded the mill a little too full and...it exploded on me!  Flour everywhere!  Whoops, that'll teach me to load the mill too full.  In case you're wondering, the bread still turned out delicious as always!


1 comment:

  1. You need to try the whole wheat bread recipe on Our Best Bites. It's a modification of the bosch recipe and it is divine!!! Ben and I loved it! Happy baking!

    ReplyDelete