10.09.2011

Pigsley

In case you didn't think I was weird enough, I'm about to share something that will probably make most people doubt my sanity.  Oh well! 

Jeff usually buys me "after busy season" gifts on April and September 15th.  This September 15th deadline was particularly brutal and I had emotional breakdowns just about every other day.  As such, he gave me a gift each day for the last week leading up to September 15th.  On September 14th, my gift was a pig pillow pet.  I think pigs are so cute!! Which also makes me weird, I know.  Anyway, it's the cutest little stuffed animal and we decided to name him Pigsley. 

Since then, Pigsley has really become a part of our family.  It's like the child we never had (or at least don't have for another 4 months).  I snuggle with him at bedtime, he keeps me company while I work on the computer, he watched general conference with us, and we talk about him as if he has feelings.  It's really become quite humorous and yet, he's just so loveable and huggable that I can't stop treating him like a living being. 

A few mornings ago, I woke up and went to get out of bed.  There was Pigsley on his hind legs just waiting for me to get up - here's a photo so you can visualize:



Poor Pigsley feels left out!

What a sweet face


For a few seconds I absolutely forgot that he was just a stuffed animal and I felt so bad that he had been alone on the floor all night.  Then I came to and laughed histerically at myself for being so weird (while hugging Pigsley to comfort him, of course).  

Anyway, it's been a bizarre and hilarious addition to our household.  I think my psychologist brother-in-law might diagnose me as delirious if he knew about this.  But my own theory is that I've been so stressed, sick and exhausted lately that Pigsley has become a comforter of sorts.  He represents the baby I don't yet have, a friendly ear to listen when I need it, a shoulder to cry on each night...he's all that and more in one super soft, plush, and adorable package!    
Family Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment