10.31.2010

VooDoo Doughnuts and Whose Live Anyway


Whilst on our way to Powell’s Bookstore in Portland, Jeff and I spotted the all too famous VooDoo Doughnut shop.  Known for their maple bacon bar, the shop is one of the most popular spots in town (evidenced by the very long line to get in).  Jeff and I decided that, since we weren’t on a tight schedule this trip, we should see what all the fuss is about.  As I’m not really a doughnut person, I wasn’t as keen on standing in line for an hour and twenty minutes to get seven doughnuts closer to a heart attack, but I admit I was intrigued by why so many people would wait so long for doughnuts…so I waited.  We averaged one step forward in line every two minutes.  They had very unique doughnuts (see pictures below) which would make anyone smile, but Jeff and I both decided in the end – they’re just doughnuts with funky toppings.  At least we know we’re not missing out next time we skip the line and just keep walking on to Powell’s!

Notice the nails in the voodoo doll

Every person you see in this photo is standing in line at VooDoo Doughnuts!  That's good business!

Later that night we went to “Whose Live Anyway”, a live version of “Whose Line is it Anyway”.  Ryan from the TV show is in the group and is still the funniest one.  It was quite a kick in the pants – we had some really good laughs! 

All in all our trip to Portland was a great time and proved to be a great get away for the weekend!  Now for the doughnut pictures!

The Spread

The VooDoo Doughnut

Maple and Bacon

Peach Fritter - about the size of my face

Oreo

Butterfinger

Vegan glazed cake - best doughnut we got!

GIANT glazed - about 8" diameter!

No comments:

Post a Comment