9.19.2010

The Money Pit

Last April Jeff and I moved into our first house - hooray!  Since then, we've spent all of our money trying to make it "ours".  Actually it hasn't been that bad, but there are some months where we feel like we've spent every dime on the house or yard (yard pictures in next post).  Other than that we really like having our own place.  It's tiny but cute and a good size for us.  So far we've done the following to improve the place:
Bathroom before (it was all white)

1. Paint the outside
2. Remove the weird details above the windows on the outside
3. Hang shutters
4. Replace the front door
5. Hang window coverings since the old owners took them all with them
6. Replace the carpet
7. Repaint the bathroom
8. Remove the 70s style mirror inlet in the front entry
9. Remove 40 gallons of paint left by the old owners in the shed

Bathroom After

We think it looks even cuter than before and much less like a dollhouse.  Enjoy our before and afters!

Bathroom After Reprise

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
House when first purchased
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
House as of September

5 comments:

  1. I was delighted to see you have joined the blogging world- Welcome!! I love the bathroom, such a prettier place to primp in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you touch just turns to cute. (I wonder if your clients notice their cute tax returns?!)
    Love you both bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you sent me your blog. I asked Jeff to send me pictures right after you did your bathroom. So glad to see them now. You guys did an excellent job giving the bathroom a face lift. I look forward to following your blog. It will keep us more connected. Love, Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You blog now! Your house is super cute. It's a lot of work, but a lot of fun to have your own place, huh? Hopefully we'll get to see it in person someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting me know about your blog. Your bathroom looks cheerful and the shutters make a big difference on the outside of the house. I'm looking forward to seeing more, either on your blog, or if we ever get a chance to hang out. :)

    ReplyDelete