11.18.2012

Grandma and Grandpa

My parents came to visit us at the beginning of October.  We had such a good time with them!  My dad works for Bank of America so he gets off from work all of the random holidays that the rest of us wish we got off like Columbus Day.  Anyway, they came to celebrate Columbus Day with us.

We mostly worked on projects because my parents are awesome like that.  Their vacation time always seems to turn into "help our kids" time.  Jeff and my dad worked on replacing a pole on our front porch which had rotted badly.  My mom and I sewed Sophia a dress and made a Halloween wreath.  We also went to a pumpkin patch, went to dinner, went shopping, played games...it was a blast!

One of the nights they were here, my Dad read Sophia her bedtime story.  During the entire story she would look at the book, then look at Grandpa, then look back at the book, then back at Grandpa, then help turn the page, then look at Grandpa.  It was like she'd never had a book read to her before, she was just so excited!  Here are a few pictures from the trip:

Actually this was after the trip...but the pumpkin is from the patch we visited

Sophia in her new dress

Storytime with Grandpa





No comments:

Post a Comment