4.17.2011

Archana and pictures

In America people like pictures but many people don't like having pictures taken of themselves - or at least not while they're at work.  However, in India they love pictures and take pictures all the time (or so I'm told by Archana).  This has been interesting in our office because most people don't want to have their stressful busy season experiences captured on camera, but Archana doesn't go anywhere in the office without her camera.  It's been rather hilarious to watch people's expressions when she pulls out a camera.  Also, in India, whenever people show up to work wearing the same color, she takes a picture.  As you can imagine, this happens a lot!  So I've had my picture taken several times for showing up matching.  One time we were on a video conference call with the Indian office and I was wearing the same color as 2 of the girls in India...that made for an interesting picture!

Additionally, Archana was married less than a year ago and so she loves doing silly things with pictures of her and her husband.  For example, she will photoshop her and her husband's faces into a picture of an American couple on their wedding day to see what they'd look like in an American wedding dress and tuxedo!  It's so funny!
Archana at her engagement party last April
Me in front of video conference screen with Surthy and Florance in matching colors.


Archana's husband, Raventh, photoshopped as Santa Claus!

1 comment:

  1. I love the description of the taking of the pictures. I hate it when I wear the same shirt as my students...like exactly the same. I'm sure they hate it more though. When do you leave for China? I can't wait to see pictures of everything there. The Great Wall, the terra cotta warriors,etc. I hope it is a blast!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete